Colemans at The Gardens partnered with several Grenfell Campus entities including EPI, the Ferriss Hodgett Library, and the Grenfell Campus Art Gallery to host an afternoon of “Food for Thought” with a focus on sustainable food, local food and the university-community connection. The event ran from 1 to 4 pm on Saturday, February 15, 2014.
The event included the following:
- EPI display on certification and sustainable food
- Local food scavenger hunt and prize draw
- Local food demonstrations
- Library display with food-related books available for sign-out and a button maker
- Kids art activity with art gallery
- Composting display